Monday, July 12, 2010

hcg diet saga......

I'm going to be 40 in a few months and I decided it was time to take control and lose some weight. I'm tired of not feeling well,worrying about my health,being passed over for promotions and missing out on life in general. I'm not talking a couple pounds. You have to be obese to truly understand what I mean. They call us lazy or undisciplined(whatever) but until you walk in my shoes, you have no idea what so ever what any of us go through.
We're constantly bombarded with super size,sugary,greasy fast food on one side all the way to the other extreme of the "too" skinny models. It's no wonder our society isn't more messed up that it is.
In my case......I've been at least a little over weight my whole life. I've struggled with it,the teasing,not finding clothes,no boyfriends,socially handicapped, etc. I've never been as big as I am now. The everyday world got the best of me and I let myself go.I got divorced making me a single mom then lost my Mom at 25. She was my best friend and I lost a part of me. I ended up in a dead end relationship seeking comfort I didn't have,but found abuse instead. In the meantime I reconnected with my best friend(like a sister) and lost touch again,I lost my Dad too, not to death, but to another woman. He had moved on and left the state, leaving me and most of our relationship with it.I pulled myself up and got out of my bad relationship. I moved back to my home town around family and tried to start over. My daughter resented me taking her from the only home she knew and transplanting her. It broke my heart like I never thought it could. All this led to my weight soaring and my self image/worth falling.Then I met this man. We talked for over a year and never made time to meet. I met him one day and he never left. My daughter matured and we got close again. She got married and made me a grandma recently. That brought us even closer. My boyfriend turned into my fiance and all seems right in the world.
Now comes shaking off the negative image, the low self-esteem and a few other feelings that come with being over weight.I see people my size and bigger and can't help feeling sorry for them.I wonder how they deal with things and how hard life is and has been on them.How do they handle the rejection,disappointments,the being tired and sore,everything hurting,nothing fitting right,do they let their feelings about their body run their life?Does it get in the way of getting close to the ones they love be it sexually or just in a comforting way?Do people look at me that way?
Well no more.I'm ready to take my life back. It's start here and it starts now.
I started on the HCG diet and I will continue with my results of the 1st week next....




No comments: